Call To Artists for Squat
2010/11/29 Comments Off on Call To Artists for Squat
Call for art
Presented by DameBuilder and Twilight Arts Collective
at The Georgetown Stables, January 8th, 2010
Squat will be exhibited for one night only, January 8th, 6 to 9pm, at the Georgetown Stables. Curated by Tracy Cilona and Crystal Fosnaugh of DameBuilder, this show is open to all artists in the Seattle area. All arts-based media will be considered.
Squat is inspired by Anya Janssen’s painting, The Fickless of Mother Nature and Edith, Danville, Virginia, 1971, by Emmet Gowen. (See images below.)
The human figure at once fierce and towering, then primal in her natural and private spaces. Whether it is squatting to pee, squatting to work, give birth, have sex, or squatting to pounce and attack. It’s instinct. It‘s thighs. It’s animal.
Squatting is a position that can represent a fear, lower class, position of power, strength, connection to the earth, sexuality, dirtiness, birth, hiding and meditation.
Art must be ready to hang, (Digital media must presented with the artist’s portable DVD/TV player or projection player.) and ready to come down at the end of the evening. Artists must be present at the exhibit.
Send electronic submissions only – TO: DameBuilder@gmail.com
- Maximum of 3 jpegs at 72dpi, 1200 pixels at the longest dimension for all 2-D art.
- Bio or Artist statement
- Description of medium, dimensions and title.
- Deadline for submissions: December 27th, 2010, artists will be notified December 29th.
- Drop off will be at 4pm, Jan 8th at the Georgetown Stables, located behind Full Throttle Bottles, 5909 Airport Way S., between Doris St & Nebraska St.
- Artists will take art home with them at the end of Artwalk at 9pm.